Silence in Court! Castle Hill, formerly the Leicester Courtrooms, has re-opened after an 18-month refurbishment. Originally built in 1150, the Great Hall is of national significance and lays claim to being the largest double aisled medieval hall in Europe, with its last use being courtroom (c1821-1990). The building was on the Historic England Heritages “At risk” register. Working closely with Maber Architects, Turentek supplied contemporary brass fittings to match original fixtures, combining modern door controls and fire door hardware.
Contract Value £20,000
We refurbished the Original C17th & late C19th courtrooms in Leicester to new faculties of Law for Leicester University; a challenging project with many special items of hardware. Door furniture was chosen in the “school board” design to match the original. Dorma electronic door controls in matching colours completed the specification.